UCHD, Protecting Your Health.


Water & Sewage

The Union County Health Department issues permits for private water systems (wells) and household sewage systems. Annual inspections are conducted on household sewage systems that are installed after January 1, 2007. Prior to that date, systems with mechanical components such as aeration and mound systems are inspected annually.

The Union County Health Department would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your well or sewage system.  

Water samples can be conducted on private wells.  Contact the health department at (937) 642-2053 to set up an appointment.



Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Program

Please follow this link for information on the O&M Program